The occupational therapists at Manchester OT can provide detailed medico legal reports with regards to care, rehabilitation and therapy needs, special equipment, housing and environmental needs in relation to medical negligence and personal injury litigation.
Our reports can advise regarding:
- The previous, present and future functional ability of the claimant
- The amount and cost of ongoing occupational therapy input
- The capital and annual costs of specialist equipment (ie wheelchairs, seating, bathing etc)
- The care needs of the claimant (previous, present and future)
- The extra transport costs incurred
- The extra costs associated with an injury (ie. DIY, garden maintenance, household decoration)
- Any modifications needed to the claimant's home
- Any reasons for re-housing
- The claimant's ability to return to work
- An assessment of workplace modifications needed to facilitate the claimant's return to work
How long will the report take?
An initial assessment is generally undertaken within two weeks of instruction. Reports are generally provided within four weeks of the initial assessment.
How much will it cost?
Following your initial enquiry a written quotation can be provided. This quotation will be broken down into document review, assessment, travel and report preparation costs. The cost will vary depending on the location of the client and the complexity of the case and report.
How to instruct Manchester OT
Written or emailed instruction is required prior to us arranging the assessment visit. Instruction must be in line with PD Part 35. The following information will need to be included in the instruction:
- the capacity of appointment (e.g. party appointed expert, single joint expert or expert advisor)
- the services required of our expert (e.g. provision of expert's report, answering questions in writing, attendance at meetings and attendance at court)
- detailed purpose of the report and issues to be addressed
- the timescale for delivery of the report
- relevant GP and hospital records
- expert reports (all present and updated in the future)
- witness statements
- particulars of claim and defence
- relevant court orders
- schedule of loss
- other background information
- advise party / parties responsible for the payment of fees
To find out more please contact us